DFCI/BCH/BWH COSMIC Workshop
25 Jun 2019
We are excited to announce the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI)/ Boston Children's Hospital (BCH)/ Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) COSMIC Workshop on September 20, 2019! This workshop, in conjunction with DFCI, is designed to bring together the clinicians and researchers at DFCI, BCH and BWH, with members of the COSMIC Team to review the valuable COSMIC resource. The workshop will utilize COSMIC to explore cancer variation alongside functional genomic annotations, understand cancer drivers, identify trends in large data sets and discuss how the ever changing genomics landscape will affect future research and research tools such as COSMIC.
The agenda will be tailored based on the interests of participants. A survey is included in the registration form for the possible agenda items below. With your input and feedback, we will finalize the agenda to be announced in early September.
- Overview of somatic cancer genetics and where COSMIC fits into the landscape
- Demonstration of the COSMIC standard website and cell lines website
- Interactive tutorial using the COSMIC website
- Registration and downloading COSMIC data, including a mini analysis using Excel
- COSMIC-3D, exploring cancer mutations in the context of 3D protein structure
- A future perspective of where COSMIC is heading
Friday, September 20, 2019
8:30AM - 12:00PM
Smith 308/309, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Simon Forbes, Zbyslaw Sondka, Nidhi Bindal, COSMIC Team, Wellcome Sanger Institute.
The space is limited to a maximum of 40 people, so please register early using this Registration Form.
Breakfast and beverages will be included.